ArtStart Grant Recipient

www.artstartgrant.com.au
I'm thrilled to be a recipient of an ArtStart Grant from the Australia Council for the Arts. This grant will invest $10,000 over the next twelve months in my career as a visual artist. 


This money will go towards the design, development and promotion of my new professional artist website; promotion, documentation and marketing of my artwork; my studio rent at Primrose Park Studio July to December 2011 supported by North Sydney Council, and Parramatta Artists Studios January to July 2012 supported by Parramatta Council; and a bullet train pass for my research and development trip to Japan in September, with flights supported by the Facenate Program at the Japan Foundation.

Over these next twelve months I will continue to exhibit my work, first at Strand Ephemera in Townsville QLD in September and at Primrose Park Cremorne NSW in December. Next year, in march I will present a solo exhibition at Gallery Eight in Millers Point, Sydney and in April I will also be exhibiting whilst artist-in-residence at 'ACE in Buenos Aires, Argentina. 

Throughout this time I will remain on the board of Viscopy and involved in the John Fries Memorial Prize for emerging artists, as well as continuing to be the co-ordinator of the Gunyah artist-in-residence program in North Arm Cove, Port Stephens NSW.

A big thank you to Lindy Lee for agreeing to mentor me and also to the staff at Gaffa Gallery and Megan Robson for their on-going interest in and support of my work.

I will continue to keep this blog updated with my art projects relating to my ArtStart Grant as they develop - so stay tuned!